The LPW Draft is a draft process used by Lords of Pain Wrestling (LPW) to provide new brand competition and to refreshen its two brands, Insanity and Inferno. Both drafts have occurred at the biennial event, LPW Homecoming.
|2004 PWA Draft||Unknown||Unknown|
|2006 PWA Draft||November 29, 2006||With the first overall pick, Schizophrenia selected fan favorite Television Champion, Al. Pyromania drafted cYnical with the second overall pick, but shockingly traded their most recognized superstar to Schizophrenia for draft picks. cYnical saw the move as betrayal and helped fuel his displeasure with PWA management (he eventually formed The Uprising as a result). With the third pick, Pyromania selected the appointed International Heavyweight Champion, D. Hammond Samuels.|
|2008 LPW Draft||October 15, 2008||The Draft saw 2008 Martinez Cup winner and LPW International Heavyweight Champion, Drew Michaels, being drafted with the first overall pick to Insanity by new general manager Little Red. cYnical, the LPW World Heavyweight Champion, was drafted with the second pick by LPW's phantom Chief Executive Officer and Inferno general manager, known only as The Boss. At the conclusion of the telecast, Little Red and The Boss announced an agreement to trade Michaels and cYnical to their original brands.|
|2010 LPW Draft||2010||The draft will be conducted at Homecoming.|
Impact on championships
- During the 2006 PWA Draft, LPW Television Champion Al was drafted by the Schizo brand with the first overall pick. Later during the show, Robert Lillehammer defeated Al for the title and was traded to Pyromania (which later was renamed Inferno), thus making the title Inferno-exclusive.
- During the 2006 PWA Draft pre-show, cYnical was traded to Schizo, thus making the LPW Western States Heritage Championship exclusive to the renamed Insanity brand. Upset at management, cYnical rechristened the title to the LPW Cleansed Championship.
- During the 2006 PWA Draft pre-show, LPW United States Champion Drew "Headbanger" Michaels was drafted to the Pyromania brand (now known as Inferno). Later during the show, he defeated The Rabbi for the title, thus making the title Inferno-exclusive.
- During the 2006 PWA Draft, LPW Hardcore Champion Retribution was drafted to Schizo (which later would be renamed Insanity), thus making the title Insanity-exclusive.
- During the 2008 LPW Draft, LPW Transatlantic Champion The Rik was drafted to Insanity, thus making the title Insanity-exclusive. Three days later, Insanity GM Little Red stripped The Rik due to no-show, then announced The Exciting Adventures of the Transatlantic Championship to determine a new champion.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.